As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for owning major aspects of projects at Splash Damage.
You will set great examples and help mentor the Art team in order to maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines within the studio.
You will represent Splash Damage's Art Team on all issues related to art production, and work closely with all other teams in assisting with the technical implementation and management of in-house and outsourced assets.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience working to technical limits and ensuring the Art team adheres to these targets. During day-to-day work, you would be handling a diverse range of work including workflow processes, tools, optimization, planning, documentation and bug-fixing.
As a Senior Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
Assist with planning and implementation of game, tools and editor features
Establish technical guidelines and drive consistency across the art team
Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines
Organise and drive performance and platform optimisation
Essential Skills and Experience:
Great communication and people-management skills
Strong problem-solving, can-do attitude
Extensive experience in Autodesk 3dsmax and/or Autodesk Maya
3+ years experience working on AAA PC or console games
Preferred Skills and Experience
Experience with Unreal Engine, especially UE4
Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
Experience with Physically-Based Rendering systems
Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
Experience with outsourcing
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee