Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.
The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events and is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.
Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com .
We are looking for someone with a passion for programming and software engineering. By nature, you are a generalist, covering various aspects of programming on the platform and library level. You have an interest in developing frameworks and libraries that provides functionality used by our games and tools.
What you lack in experience you make up for in passion for what you do, your ability to learn quickly and a hunger to gain more knowledge and experience.
You will be joining our dynamic core tech team, reporting into the technical director, where you will be maintaining and improving as well as optimising and adding new functionality to our shared platform libraries across multiple platforms. The work we do is fundamental for our games as well as internal and external tools.
- Analyse, identify and fix issues in our platform libraries across five platforms and operating systems.
- Improve and replace existing functionality across our code base.
- Take responsibility of areas of code in our shared platform libraries to support and maintain them across all supported platforms.
- Improve tools and workflow.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good C++ knowledge.
- Some professional experience developing with C++ as the main language is beneficial.
- Experience of cross-platform development is beneficial.
- Experience of developing for iOS or Android is beneficial.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Any knowledge of other programming and scripting languages is beneficial.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself continuously.