Role: Lead Designer – Euro Fishing
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a talented Lead Game Designer to join our passionate team developing Euro Fishing. Reporting into the Producer, the Game Designer will create, design and implement features and game updates to ensure our simulation games, based on Unreal Engine 4 technology, are authentic, appealing, challenging and fun for our hobbyists and players worldwide.
- Ideation and creation of design features and future game updates
- Creation and maintenance of design documents used by feature teams to develop our Fishing simulations
- Creation, Implementation and balancing of game features using Unreal Engine 4
- Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions
- Ownership, management and implementation of the localisation database
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute design plan to a high quality
- A great knowledge of games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development
- Strong communication with people at all levels of the business, with the ability to outline and explain gameplay features to cross-disciplinary team
- Experience balancing complex gameplay systems
- Games design experience of developing game content
- Strong maths is desirable
- Practical knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is desirable
- Knowledge of angling or fishing games is desirable but not required
About Dovetail Games:
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Excellent work-life balance
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.