Our client is a leading household name in their sector. As an Environment Artist, you will have several years’ worth of experience in your field. Reporting to the Lead World Artist, you will contribute on all matters relating to the environment team in a way that maximises quality as well as efficiency.
Your duties will include:
- Create outstanding Environment artwork that sets a high quality bar for the rest of the team.
- Help others to consistently reach that bar by mentoring and guiding more junior or less experienced colleagues.
- Contribute to the set-up of suitable pipelines and workflows, including prototyping, documenting processes and helping to specify, test and drive to quality tools created by the Technical Art and Engineering teams.
- Experience with cutting-edge techniques and technology related to environment art and a strong desire to stay ahead of the game.
- Able to proactively self-organise and prioritise work for yourself and others.
- Able to contribute to guiding and mentoring groups of junior artists, contractors, and outsourcers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Accomplished at all aspects of environment creation, including sculpting, modelling, surfacing, texturing, with decent drawing skills and a good artistic eye for colour, value, tone, silhouette, etc.
- Accomplished at scene building, with a focus on composition and an understanding of how this fits with game design.
- Able to contribute to the stylistic development of the environment elements
- Comfortable working in a variety of art styles.
- Understanding of tools, techniques, best practices and technical limitations related to real-time environment creation.
- Able to contribute to the technical design of systems, to work closely with the Technical Art and Animation teams to arrive at elegant tools and solutions.
- Comfortable at all stages of game development, from concept through pre-production to production.
- Comfortable working with (and around) bespoke, in-development tool sets as well as with more mature engines and pipelines.