ABOUT DIRTY BOMB & SPLASH DAMAGE
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It’s the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
Splash Damage is looking for UI Programmers to help us create AAA user interfaces for Dirty Bomb with a specific focus on web-based UI.
In this role you will be expected to plan, implement, test and optimise new UI elements whilst writing robust and maintainable code for a live title. You will also work with our UI, Design and Gameplay Programming teams to define UI specifications and to ensure that your implementation fulfils the expected visual and functional requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
UI programming experience in a professional videogame production
Experienced and proficient in C++
Knowledge of common UI software architecture and UI design patterns
Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently
Good verbal and written English skills
A passion for good UI!
Desired Skills and Experience
Experience with Unreal Engine 3/4
Familiarity with developing and maintaining a live title
Good math background
Familiarity with CSS and Web Animations
Knowledge of Python
PERKS & BENEFITS
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.