Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
Technical Design Director
Renowned for quality, narrative-driven titles, Eidos Montreal is looking for a talented Technical Designer with an eye for story in games. As part of the technical design process, this position is dedicated to supporting and maintaining the narrative team’s content creation and implementation on a new, ambitious project. You’ll be involved in all technical narrative-related areas from early pre-production through to final development while working closely with related departments. The role is a critical part of helping to create, maintain, and communicate the systems, technical design processes, and tools used by the writers and designers crafting and implementing the in-game story content. Part guru, problem-solver, communicator, and digital storyteller, this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
- Creation and maintenance of all narrative-related tools, processes, and production pipelines from first designs to final localization. Includes best practices and helping departments use tools and pipelines correctly.
- Technical expert and systems guru for all narrative-related tools, processes, and production pipelines. Know how it all works and why. On call for bug-fixing, problem-solving, and supporting other users as necessary.
- Close daily collaboration with narrative and level design to implement the story assets into the game. The bridge between story content creation and implementation within the game engine.
- Main point-of-contact across departments for all things technically related to narrative. Attend production scrums, share information, challenge methods for best efficiency, communicate risks and long-term problems, etc.
- College diploma or University in Level Design, or equivalent training
- 3 years or more experience in level design or scripting.
- Experience in troubleshooting technical problems.
- Experience in manipulating AI and scripting.
- Interest in storytelling techniques in games and interactive media.