Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
Job Title : Special Visual Effects Artist
Supervisor : Lead Artist
Main Responsibilities :
- Create all the aspects of 2D and 3D game effects. This includes the particles systems, animated textures, Mesh effects, as well as properties that can be used by programmers;
- Can contribute to the design and/or conceptualization efforts as needed;
- Help create the foundations of particle systems for the game engines by using the appropriate tools;
- Create the polygonal effects and the properties of the texture effects which will be used by programmers;
- By using 3D effects, simulate and use the animations effects during the game as concept proof for actual and future material;
- Create realistic effects such as fire, smoke, and explosions by using the available resources.
Experience and technical skills required:
- University or college diploma in 3D Art, or equivalent training;
- 3-5 years experiences as a special effects (VFX) Artist;
- At least 1 title published, ideally on current new generation consoles;
- Knowledge of Maya and Photoshop;
- Working experience with « multi-pass shader effect »;
- Knowledge of 3DS Max;
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine;
- Knowledge of Script languages;
- Bilingual (French and English).
Personal and interpersonal skill :
INNOVATION / CREATIVITY: Work demonstrating initiative and creative spirit while using efficient work methods.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Demonstrate sense of responsibility and autonomy in achieving project results and individual objectives.
HONESTY / RESPECT: Act in honest and respectful manner while respecting commitments.
COLLABORATION / TEAMWORK: Collaborate with other team, share expertise and be good team player.