Lead Game Designer
CCP Games is seeking a talented and ambitious Lead Game Designer to help drive the Game Design Direction for CCPs Project Nova – a new high quality PC FPS set in the universe of New Eden. We are looking for someone capable of collaborating across multiple disciplines in a team of highly motivated and driven individuals as well as external partners, to define and implement the gameplay pillars, systems and features of the entire game and deliver it within the approved cost, resource and time budget.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
- Lead small team of designers who will design, prototype and document all systems and content for a new IP
- Be a champion in deconstructing a game´s vision into actionable high level designs prepared for further development by the design team
- Schedule and prioritize design task, ensure that both quality and deadlines are being met and communicate progress to other stakeholders
- Drive continual iterations of the features and gameplay based on feedback from stakeholders and peers
- Contribute to hiring, staffing and mentoring of the design team
- Contribute innovative ideas and solutions towards all aspect of the game and development processes
- 7+ years of industry experience as a Designer, of which at least 3+ as a Senior Designer
- Recognize and be an advocate for good ideas no matter from whom or where it originally came from
- A game design craftsman who understands rules of gameplay, retention, engagement and player´s motivation
- Hands on with both prototyping and implementing when project goes from concept to full production
- Capable of good documentation which is as descriptive and to the point as possible
- Capable of working on both conceptual level as well as on practical level
- Must be constantly seeking to improve current processes, pipelines and in-house tools in meaningful and economic way.
- Must feel comfortable creating innovation and leveraging the strengths of emerging and pre-existing technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline with little oversight
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Passion for video games
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams
- Great implementation and scripting skills
- Experience with long-time retention games
- Experience with 1st or 3rd person shooters
- Strong sense of visual aesthetics
- Narrative and writing experience
- Good sense of humour!
- Strong knowledge of the games industry
- A shipped product in the role of Lead Designer or comparable
- Knowledge and experience working in Unreal Engine 4
All candidates should include a portfolio or supporting samples of previous work, together with a cover letter.
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name
In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.