CCP Games is seeking a talented and ambitious Lead Concept Artist to help drive the Art Direction for CCP’s Project Nova – a new high quality PC FPS set in the universe of New Eden. We are looking for someone capable of collaborating across multiple disciplines in a team of highly motivated and driven individuals as well as external partners, to define and implement the visual language, mood and style of the entire game and deliver it within the approved cost, resource and time budget.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
- Drive all initiatives relating to the art direction for the game – including, but not limited to, the creation of style guides, vision documents and art bibles
- Collaborate with the team reviewing and approving all work that contributes to the visual direction of the game
- Contribute to finding and managing external partners who will contribute to building out the visual direction of the game
- Contribute to hiring, staffing and mentoring of the art team
- Drive multiple projects from start to finish with minimal to no supervision, while keeping all appropriate stakeholders informed and engaged
- 7+ years of industry experience as an Artist, of which at least 3+ as a Senior Artist
- Superior Photoshop and other 2D art / painting programs
- Experience with Maya or other 3D modelling tools
- Ability to work with team leads, stakeholders, external contractors and directors to align art priorities for the project
- Ability to assist in the creation of production ready in-game art
- Eye for lighting, color, details and the ability to use them to create compelling visuals that support gameplay
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Must feel comfortable creating innovation and leveraging the strengths of emerging and pre-existing technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline with little oversight
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Passion for video games
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong knowledge of the games industry
- A shipped product in the role of Lead Concept Artist, Lead Artist or comparable
- Knowledge and experience working in Unreal Engine 4
All candidates should include a portfolio or supporting samples of previous work, together with a cover letter.
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name
In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.