CCP is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will be a key player in further developing CCP’s data infrastructure. This position is focused on maintaining and upgrading existing Hadoop infrastructure, data warehouse and log streaming pipeline along with integrating various internal and external data sources.
- Developing scalable data solutions that cater to both targeted and exploratory needs.
- Data processing, integration, modeling and performance tuning
- Maintain and improve on existing data solutions and ETL processes.
- Develop and maintain powerful data presentation and exploration solutions.
- Requirement analysis in collaboration with teams across the company.
- Handle and report from, large complex datasets in collaboration with domain experts.
- Data extraction from external partners.
- 5 year experience in a data warehouse development and/or data engineering role.
- Strong scripting experience with Python
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Team player – ability to work with multiple cross-functional groups, including business & technical teams.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organization.
- Fluent English skills, both written and spoken.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
Good to have:
- Experience with Kafka or other distributed streaming platforms
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Tableau experience
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name
In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.