Playback Interactive is based in South East London, close to the centre, it is an area rich with video game development talent and an unrivalled creative vibe.
We are over half way through the development of a sequel to a very successful mobile title for IOS, Android and Windows devices. We are now looking to expand and develop the company adding a new specialised developer to the team.
We are looking to recruit a highly qualified developer to come on board and help complete the game with a main focus of developing the online real time multiplayer. The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing rock solid multiplayer gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer. The games main feature will be it’s fast paced online multiplayer, which must be smooth and work without issues across a range of devices.
- Add features to the existing game to further its playability.
- Working to further develop the online multiplayer side of the game, making it a rock solid online experience.
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions to the gameplay that meets the game design and technical requirements.
- Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices
- Mentor, manage and regularly review individuals to build a cohesive and effective team.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Experience in real-time multiplayer (preferably mobile)
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Proficient understanding of all parts of Unity3D.
- Multiplayer networking knowledge, preferably with experience using Gamesparks.
- Good understanding of gameplay technology, and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
- Excellent C# programming skills.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- Substantial game development experience
- Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
Location: London, U.K