We are Criterion. We love games.
Over the last 15 years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of talented people who craft games with joy, passion, and commitment to quality.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
Criterion Games is excited to be developing the next game in the Star Wars Battlefront series and we are looking for a UI Technical Artist.
Your focus will be the player’s experience and interaction with the game. Your goal will be to make this as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a they can easily navigate menus, icons, and HUDs (heads up displays). You will work with the UI Producer, in a team with a UI Art Lead and UI engineers to help build seamless and immersive interfaces.
The person we seek will be well-versed in core UI principles and user-experience and should have experience of designing, prototyping, user-testing and implementing UI features in game engines. Visual scripting or programming experience is advantageous as is working knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator.
What a UI Technical Artist does at EA:
· Work closely with the UI engineers to implement and iterate on UI features
· Develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
· Provides technical support to the team with UI and layout skills
· Delivers optimized UI assets and layouts to the developers
· Wires up UI features using a visual scripting system
The next great UI Technical Artist also needs to have:
· Experience in the games industry
· Shipped a game working in UI production group
· Understanding of various gaming platform limitations with regard to visual assets
· Working knowledge of Photoshop
· Intermediate scripting experience with a working knowledge of visual programming, e.g. UNREAL’s Blueprints visual scripting
· Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting UI issues
· Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
· Excellent communication skills, with a willingness and confidence to provide a bridge between artists, designers and software engineers
· Experience/knowledge of Agile/iterative development methodologies.
· Knowledge or experience in Unity.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realise it takes world-class people to make world-class games, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.