We are looking for a talented Lead Programmer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment.
The lead programmer manages the tech team and all aspects of a project’s technical design, including engine, middleware and game systems. He or she works closely with the technical director and other stakeholders to define a project’s technical approach.
WHAT'S THIS JOB ALL ABOUT?
- Define the technical design for the main elements of a project together with team members;
- Identify and help tackle the main risk areas for a project;
- Co-operate in setting up the main technical systems for a project together with the team;
- Mentor, inspire and motivate the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines;
- Co-operate in the overall planning of a project. Be proficient and proactive in organizing and planning;
- Closely work with the leads of the other disciplines (Art & Design) and with the producer of the project;
WHICH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Highly proficient in C++ and / or C#;
- 5+ years of game industry experience with at least 2 years in a technical lead position and shipped a couple of games;
- You have a great working- and technical knowledge of Unreal and / or Unity.
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
- You are capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspired manner;
- You are passionate about new technology;
- You have already worked on VR projects before or you have an intimate knowledge of what has been happening in the field so far;
- You are comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- You have a very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.