Deep Silver Dambuster Studios are searching for a highly motivated and industry proven 2D UI Artist to join their development team, at the start of a new AAA console focused project.
The core purpose of the role is to collaborate with the 2D Art Lead and the UI programming team to define, create and implement the art components required to get the game’s UI, HUD and front end menus animating and fully functional to a high visual and usability standard.
Alongside UI related work, the successful candidate will also collaborate with other creative disciplines in the studio to create fictional branding and logos, costume designs, instructional graphics, maps, graffiti and advertising for the use within game environments.
You will need to have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the games industry (ideally console or PC focused) as a 2D / UI artist creating 2D artwork and UI elements
- Experience of working alongside UI programmers to implement UI assets into a game.
- The ability to use Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash to a very high standard
- The ability to create animated design elements for the UI, HUD or in-fiction game displays
- A very good understanding of graphic design fundamentals such as typography, iconography, layout, colour theory and the skills to apply these principles to their own work.
- A very good understanding of art fundamentals such as proportion, composition, colour and the skills to apply these principles to their own work.
- The ability to create concepts, wire-frames, mock-ups and iterations of ideas for 2D/UI elements in advance of final implementation.
It would be a bonus if:
- You have knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
If you have a genuine passion for gaming and creating AAA experiences, and you think you have a portfolio that will knock us off our feet then click 'Apply Now' below to send it across to email@example.com including your CV, website link/portfolio and cover letter.
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.