LEAD AI PROGRAMMER
AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Is pushing the boundaries of AI in AAA games interesting to you?
Do you enjoy creating solutions that pave the way for the best player experience?
If so, our Lead AI Programmer role role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Lead AI Programmer to join the team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of our development team, you will have an opportunity to lead the analysis, design, direction and implementation of Artificial Intelligence systems for our latest unannounced project.
As our Lead AI Programmer you will…
- Research and develop cutting edge real time strategy game AI at multiple levels including, squad, session objective, and campaign
- Analyze new game features, and design AI systems to utilize them
- Develop, set and enforce AI development best practices
- Optimize existing AI functionality to meet CPU and memory performance budgets
- Plan AI development and set the technical vision for multiple titles
- Maintain and update tools for AI debugging and development
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 5+ years’ experience in AI for games
- Has shipped cutting edge AAA for multiple AAA or console titles
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of C#, Lua, Java, ActionScript 3
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- A love for games!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Interest in math and linear algebra
- A website or github account with samples of your code
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Have you heard? We’re making Dawn of War 3!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram