Responsible for Tom Clancy's The Division, the fastest selling game of a new franchise in the first week of release and currently working on The Avatar Project, Massive is looking to grow the tools programming team.
Our new Web Tool Programmer will be in charge of developing the producers' tool-set from start to finish. You will work with the production team to design, implement and ensure proper functioning of the tools. The tool-set is going to ensure a better planning process, tracking and decision making throughout the projects of the studio.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You are passionate about games and game development, and you put your knowledge to use in understanding the issues of the production teams and propose dedicated tools that will improve the workflows, and in the end the over-all game experience. You know that the best tool will come from deep collaboration with the different teams, and know when to ask for input.
- Compile and understand development needs to suggest enhancements by designing, implementing and optimizing new systems
- Support the functions and systems designed for production
- Determine and correct the bugs identified by other working units and the quality control team
- Document the work in order to transfer knowledge and enable users in other working units to understand the new system and functions
- Good knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5 technologies
- Good knowledge of web frameworks (Angular, React, Backbone, Ember, etc.)
- Good knowledge of JSON and REST API
- Knowledge of relational database (SQL and/or MySQL)
- Working experience with MVC pattern
- Knowledge of JIRA and experience with JIRA-plugin is a plus
- Experience with UX and usability and with Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.