We are looking for a Senior Community Manager to join a Mobile Strategy Game team in Hamburg.
This role is responsible for growing our player community and establishing a bond between the Mobile Strategy Game team and the community, keeping the player community up-to-date, collecting their feedback, and communicating that feedback to the game team.
The Community Manager engages the players, building a great relationship with and amongst them so that they enjoy playing the game even more. They also document the community’s development and adjust the game’s communication strategy accordingly.
This role provides a good opportunity to demonstrate creativity, for example by coming up with ideas for community entertainment (both online and offline), live casts, contests, and so on.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, familiarity with community KPIs, great organizational skills, and the ability to be a team player who keeps a calm head when the going gets tough.
- Build up and maintain the Mobile Strategy Game player community
- Develop a communication strategy geared to the game’s target audience
- Take responsibility for communication over all community channels (forums, boards, social media, blogs, etc.) and keep the game’s players, support agents, and moderators appropriately up-to-date
- Constantly attempt to improve the community’s mood
- Find creative ways to address and/or solve any community-related issues
- Proactively seek to establish a dialogue with our players, informing them of new developments, getting their responses, and compiling the community’s feedback for delivery to the developers
- Entertain the community (events, contests, surveys, live-streaming, etc.)
- Confidently handle the game’s social media presence
- Stay up-to-date on trends (such as twitch.tv)
- Work closely with our international team of internal and external support professionals
- Interface efficiently with the PR, Marketing, Social Media, Customer Care, Business Intelligence, and CRM departments, as well as external brand evangelists
- Excellent communication skills, especially with people from different cultural backgrounds and/or professional disciplines
- Thorough understanding of a Community Manager’s role throughout a game’s life cycle
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms and tools, as well as demonstrated skills in creating content for social media
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and the most important KPIs relevant to Community Management and social media
- At least 5 years of experience in Community Management; prior experience with launching Mobile Strategy Games is a plus
- Solid technical understanding, and the ability to communicate your knowledge effectively to users
- Experience with MS Office, content management systems, and Community Management-related analysis tools
- Excellent spoken and written English; a command of German as well would be ideal