BIGPOINT is looking for a Senior Game Designer who will be responsible for designing various core gameplay mechanics across the single player and multiplayer experience of an exciting title.
The perfect candidate will focus on gameplay and user experience through evolution of the game design from initial documentation through to prototyping and testing.
If you love MMORPGs and strategy games like we do and always wanted to create one of the most unique games up to date, we have the perfect job for YOU!
- Collaborate with design lead, design team and whole development team to develop core concepts, game systems, and game content with the goal to create an outstanding experience for the user.
- Evolve ideas in conjunction with the development team and ensure that the design goals adapt to and survive the development process.
- Participate in the design and development process by scoping and sizing requirements using Agile development methods.
- Share expertise and advise others in the development of features and experiences across the game.
- Implement and develop positive changes to the game based on feedback from QA, user research and the development team to ensure the product is critically and commercially successful.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Remain up to date with industry and academic developments in game development and design.
- 4+ year’s professional experience in the games industry, with at least 1 year in a Senior Game Designer role and 2 shipped titles.
- Good knowledge of the principles of game design, gameplay theory, balancing, level design, story, interface, AI, combat, game-flow and player progression, particularly when applied to RPG/MMORPG/strategy games.
- Strong skills in designing and prototyping engaging gameplay mechanics in order to create an outstanding user experience.
- Strong skills in creating high quality design documentation, focusing on clarity and brevity.
- A creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player’s point of view and stay organized under pressure.
- Experience with designing monetization amp; retention features for online games.
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers and the rest of the game development team.
- Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate team player, capable of rallying and motivating the team around the core design concepts of the game.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- B.A./B.Sc. degree or higher in an area related to the job description is a plus.
- Experience with CryEngine / Lumberyard Engine is a bonus.