Deep Silver Dambuster Studios has an exciting opportunity within their production department for a Project Manager at an intermediate or senior level.
You will be joining the team at the beginning of a project developing an established AAA title for home consoles and PC platforms. We are seeking an experienced individual who is eager to join our production team and help us deliver an effective and efficient development programme for a team of over 100 artists, engineers, designers and animators.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the long term planning of projects including the formulation, structure and maintenance of product breakdown structures, product delivery roadmaps and high level milestone planning in collaboration with the Project Leads, Development Director and Deep Silver’s Editorial team
- Take ownership for the delivery of features and content that are assigned to them
- Collaborate with the Project Leads to facilitate and provide project management support for external contractors and development partners
- Identify, log and manage critical risks associated with the project ensuring that mitigation and contingency plans are formulated and put in place
- Provide mediation between departments when there is conflict to ensure that the best decisions are made for the project, given the product mandate and constraints
- Add, edit and maintain wiki pages on the internal wiki. Project Managers are also expected to keep wiki pages relating to planning and project management up to date or delegate that responsibility as required
- Collaborate with the Project Leads to establish new Scrum teams and provide planning support as required to ensure the successful delivery of the goals assigned to the them
- Prepare for and attend daily scrums; provide updates to the Product Owner Group
- Ensure that the Product Owner Group is kept up to date with key project decisions and directives
- Ensure that the progress of the project is communicated to the wider team on a regular basis through weekly update emails, forum posts or show ‘n’ tell events
- Maintain a professional and productive working relationship with the Deep Silver Editorial group
- At least 5 years’ professional video game development experience with at least 2 shipped titles; ideally from concept to completion
- Team focused personality possessing the ability to work with, and positively influence, a wide variety of development professionals across creative and technical spectrums
- A thorough understanding of the game development process
- Ability to remain calm, articulate and focused
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills; and help other team members to do the same
- Strong interest in playing video games
- Adaptable, positive outlook and versatile: a can-do attitude
- Practical working knowledge of Agile / Scrum principals and how to apply them effectively in a production environment
- Working with external contractors and development partners, partner relationship management
- Working knowledge and experience of using Hansoft
- MS Office literate and the ability to gather, process and present information in ways that are appropriate and meaningful to a given audience
To apply for this position please click 'Apply Now' below to email RECRUITMENT@DSDAMBUSTER.COM including your CV, cover letter and a link to your online portfolio.
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.