Software Engineer Intern - Destiny
We’re looking for talented engineering interns to expand the Destiny universe. As an Intern you will be a generalist technical contributor working with senior engineering staff on the next generation of the award-winning Destiny franchise. Interested? Then keep reading…
Software Engineer Intern is a temporary, 3 month, summer position intended for full time college students. The exact time is adjustable to the academic calendar of the college. You will work on cross discipline teams developing gameplay, systems and tools for Destiny. The assignments are not marginal work set aside for Interns. You will be working on a shipping title, with a mentor, on a team making deliverables against deadlines. It may be the biggest challenge you have faced but your strong technical skills, initiative and commitment will get you through.
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie, Inc. to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
• Work closely with a mentor to design, implement and debug software in C++ and other languages that drives the next generation of Destiny development.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Follow group standards and best practices.
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines including art, design, and audio.
• Document completed designs, tools, and code.
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Master’s program in CS, Game Development or related field. Preparing to enter Senior year or above (preferred), but those entering Junior year also considered.
• Positive attitude, eager to undertake a tough but highly rewarding challenge.
• Strong aptitude in C++, math, and analytical thinking.
• Strong desire to learn the skills and technologies involved in video game creation.
• Experience developing video games for personal or class projects is a plus.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!