ABOUT DIRTY BOMB & SPLASH DAMAGE
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It’s the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
Splash Damage is looking for an experienced Lead Artist and aspiring Art Director to head up the art team of Dirty Bomb! As Associate Art Director, you will take ownership of the aesthetics, visual identity of the game and workflows, and lead the team in creating standout visuals for a first-in-class game.
You should be motivated, enthusiastic, and able to manage and inspire a game team effectively, as well as being a key point of in-house contact for our outsourcing contacts. You will work with the Brand team to create and foster an artistic vision that transcends the in-game experience.
Required Skills and Experience
5-10 years of experience as an artist with multiple shipped titles displayed in a strong, relevant, digital portfolio
Past experience as a Senior or Lead Artist in the games industry
Strong communicator who is self-motivated and proactive
Proven team leadership abilities
Expert knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
Strong understanding of art fundamentals
An understanding of how art works with design and technology to create a well-rounded game
Desired Skills and Experience
Proven knowledge of asset creation
Experience with large environments and accurate hard-surface modelling
Lighting and painting skills
Knowledge of engine restrictions and content scalability
PERKS & BENEFITS
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.