Fireteam doesn’t only create backend services for games, we also help development teams with integration and do custom development for them based on our expertise. As an online services engineer you will work with our clients to improve their games or build features for them, but also work on the SDKs for Fireline. We find that the best way to get a great SDK is for it to be written by a developer that actually uses it and has experience shipping games.
Fireteam is growing and we’re looking for someone to help us bring our operational capabilities to the next level. By driving automation, you will make it easier for us to scale to larger volumes of users and customers. Your efforts will also further improve the resilience of our systems.
Working in this position your primary responsibilities will be to keep our live systems running and improve the way they and our processes are managed. Day to day tasks can range from improving deployment times to tracking down why we have a sudden increase in IO load on one of our servers.
Responsibilities at a Glance
Manage server and deployment management
Automation of various processes such as deployment, scaling, testing, etc
Ensure high availability of systems
Required Skills and Experience
Experience in managing cloud and bare metal infrastructure
Experience in managing network stacks and firewalls
Familiarity with Ansible or similar provisioning tools.
Knowledge of Linux systems
Experience with Python
Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring
Troubleshoot and solve issues with hardware, applications and network setups
Self-managing and collaborate with your team to own every project from beginning to production
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children (Equivalent of £1500 a year)
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership (Worth up to £720 a year)
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.