About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Most recently, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC, Gears of War 4 and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We’re now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented programmers to help make them great.
As a generalist game programmer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining new features on a large multiplayer PC game in a well-known franchise. You will implement game features from inception (initial design discussions, specification) to completion (design approved, code reviewed, test passed) in autonomy. You will frequently work with other disciplines (Production, QA, Design, UI, Audio, Art) to ensure the game is realized at a high level of quality and stability.
Responsibilities at a glance
Work with the Design Team to define the requirements
Work with Production to plan and maintain roadmaps
Work with QA to identify issues and maintain a stable codebase
Essential Skills and Experience
Good sense of software architecture, design patterns, code quality
Willing to become a Python expert
Comfortable working on a variety of areas such as core game systems, gameplay, backend services, user interaction
Have a passion to create new game-related features
Preferred Skills and Experience
Knowledge of C++
Experience in backend or frontend web development
Experience with large codebases or distributed development
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.