Economic Game Designer
Owlient is a Ubisoft studio specialised in Free-To-Play games.
Owlient has sharpened its expertise in F2P community-based games through its Howrse brand, which gathers more than 1.3 million monthly active players across 25 countries.
The studio’s ambition is to become a pivotal player and leader in the mobile F2P industry. With years of success in F2P browser games and with Ubisoft’s impressive network of 27 creative studios, we’re confident we can build on these achievements to stand out in the mobile industry. Owlient’s mobile team has spent the last few months producing innovative and original content to publish its first mobile game.
If you’re passionate about gaming and want to work in an easy going but fast paced environment, join us in our mobile quest!
As Economic Game Designer, you will participate in the evolution of existing games as well as in the development of new innovative projects. Under the Lead Game Designer’s responsibility, you will design the in-game economy and corresponding features. You will also need to define the metrics, which will enable you to balance and fine-tune the game’s economy, and work closely with the development team to see those metrics implemented and designs refined.
Once a game is launched, you will be responsible for providing constant data-driven recommendations on the game’s economic model & design in order to improve the game’s financial performance.
- Design and audit the in-game economy in order to drive long-term retention and conversion
- Identify the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, and define the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Define the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understand how each of them contributes to the game dynamics
- Manage pricing of virtual products as to create specific price point roles, and implement selling strategies for various price points
- Balance the needs for the virtual products, their price, their relationship to one another, their life cycle, and their streams of availability
- Define the project’s KPIs
- Analyse the evolution of the metrics you defined to balance the in-game economy, and report suggestions for the overall game design
- Design live events to increase player engagement and drive conversion
- Specialised education in Economic Game Design and/or extensive experience in the design of free-to-play games, preferably on mobile platforms
- Detailed understanding of mobile players’ behaviours and latest business models’ trends
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to translate analytical findings in actionable recommendations within the game
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team work oriented person
- Can work independently
- Impeccable English speaking and writing skills
Place : Paris 15 then Montreuil in the middle of the year