Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Implement the best processes, methods and tools to manage the delivery a project’s feature(s) in the allocated time, at the required quality with efficient use of resources.
- Manage and be accountable for the delivery of a feature or SKU with limited corporate impact and have a content and player driven focus;
- Participate in the construction and guidance of a production team to reach the project's ambitions in terms of quality, timing and budget;
- Support the day-to-day management of production team members and project management
- Mediate cross-discipline situations and have focus on delivery within the team and the project as a whole;
- Provide reports on tasks and issues relating to project management and the project as a whole, both within the team and the studio and build relationships with those outside the studio;
- Assess and manage risks and raise issues associated with the project;
- Prioritise tasks, suggest relevant solutions to issues and track outcomes to milestones and other objectives relating to the project;
- Assess the quality of the game during playtests and give constructive feedback on the project as whole;
- Be involved with team activities in order to ensure a positive team morale;
- Organise and define what is required from the team whilst managing the needs of the project in the short term;
- Anticipate potential issues relating to the project and plan in accordance with these issues;
- Collaborate with leads in order to plan effectively in accordance with timescales;
- Work directly with the team and encourage collaboration in order to get results;
- Optimise the use of the budget relating to the project and measure the financial impact and value of the team’s plans;
- Conduct ad hoc jobs related to content or project support as appropriate;
- Collaborate with internal and external Quality Control teams to ensure bugs are fixed at the correct rate and to the correct priority.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and work effectively under pressure;
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills;
- In depth knowledge of the video game industry and production processes;
- Good knowledge of the video game market, qualities of leadership and/or knowledge of technology;
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Good knowledge of issue, task tracking software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools;
- Good knowledge of common project management methodologies (e.g. Agile).
- Relevant working experience in project management with significant involvement in 1 published game;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential;
- Experience in team management is desirable.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K