Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' . Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Deliver, with support, a variety of different artistic assets for the project, taking technical constraints and artistic direction into account.
- With guidance, produce artwork complimentary to the art direction, maintaining a consistent feel across all artistic elements in the project;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Gather research and reference material and present designs and progress in visual and written form;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Use game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style to create game levels an assets;
- Integrate the produced elements, objects and textures into the project;
- Conduct any relevant ad-hoc work when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques to create graphic assets expected on the project;
- An eye for graphics and love of details;
- Good knowledge of level editors;
- Familiarity with data management software such as Perforce;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Sense of initiative;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Knowledge of visual story telling;
- Up-to-date knowledge on current trends in visual communication;
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable;
- Basic gameplay and level design knowledge;
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques (e.g. 3DS Max);
- A passion for creating both manmade and natural game art assets;
- A working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines (Scaleform, Unity and/or Unreal) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art or other relevant subject 2:1 or above;
- Experience working in 3DS Max is desirable;
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop.