Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Create and promote a world class studio profile by owning the strategic vision and direction for all marketing activities which take place within the studio and the wider group.
Direct Reports - The Agency team members
- Support the Managing Director in evolving the studio’s culture and developing its marketing sensibility and knowledge;
- Lead The Agency in providing marketing and communication assets and a social media reach for our products and studio;
- Manage the development of the team members within the Agency by facilitating the growth of knowledge and skills;
- Participate in studio initiatives that have a real impact on the organisation such as the suggestion and implementation of process improvements and training;
- Mentor and develop team members within the studio through the sharing of marketing and industry knowledge, methodologies and expertise via talks, workshops and one-to-one training;
- Share best practices relating to marketing within the group and participate to the creation of marketing strategies at a group level;
- Be a reference for the studio in terms of marketing and find solutions to complex issues which arise;
- Work in partnership with the communications team to ensure that the communications delivered are in sync with the marketing strategy;
- Plan, communicate, coordinate and adapt marketing projects effective with multiple stakeholders across the organisation;
- Be aware of project status at any given time;
- Establish a vision and strategy for the development of Reflections as a brand, deploy its identity, internally and externally, coordinating with corporate communication, UK communication and the studio events & PR Manager;
- Establish a marketing strategy for the studio’s IP and other studio initiatives;
- Support the Managing Director in defining a global products strategy starting with reinforcing the studio portfolio as an associate studio and our own IPs;
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside partners and provide recommendations to applicable projects.
Skills and Knowledge
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills;
- Affluent leadership and management skills;
- Deep knowledge of consumer trends and gamer demographics;
- In depth knowledge and interest in mass media entertainment, online, social media and consumer electronics;
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Organised and analytical decision making;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Substantial working experience in Marketing or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other relevant training;
- Experience leading major marketing campaigns for mass market products or media outlets;
- Experience in the games industry is preferred but not essential.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K