The User Research Analyst is responsible for providing support to User Research CP's for the analysis of data allowing the validation of the design and playability of a game. This involves preparing the data collection tools and interpreting the results in the light of the project and brand’s information needs.
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
· Participate in the definition of the data to be collected (and how to collect them) in order to analyze design intent on game productions;
· Translate the necessary measures into elements compatible with automated data collection technologies;
· Set the goals of each playtest and write the test plan;
· Choose the appropriate methodology and adapt the playtest tools: observation grid, questionnaire, automated data collection;
· Suggest the best ways to represent the data (graphs, tables, etc.) according to the needs of the game productions in order to optimize the analysis;
· Contribute to the design and implementation of reports for production teams, branding and management;
· Produce comparative analysis of data between different products and brands to discover models (includes automated data, observed and collected from players directly);
· Write reports and recommendations;
· Participate actively in technological intelligence for all aspects of game design (training, conferences, new practices), mainly new developments in terms of data representation (graphics, tables, etc.);
· Carry out all other related tasks.
Undergraduate degree in marketing, IT, ergonomics, cognitive psychology or equivalent.
Graduate degree in one of these disciplines is an asset.
Relevant experience :
Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position (or other relevant experience).
Prior experience as a level designer, or game designer would be an asset.
· Bilingual French / English; Fluency in written and verbal communication;
· Knowledge of different methods of quantitative and qualitative analysis;
· Knowledge of SQL;
· Ability to work with high-level databases;
· Ability to innovate, especially to find strategies in reporting, graphs and representation of statistical data;
· Proficiency in MS Office package: word processing (Word), spreadsheet (Excel), creation of presentations (Powerpoint).
· Be able to interact with interlocutors of different hierarchical levels within the productions;
· Anaytical and synthetical mind;
· Interest in video games;
· Knowledge of the video game industry.