The 3D animator creates animation for characters and/or objects based on rigged 3D models, and contributes to the visual elements of the gameplay and/or cut scenes.
The main and routine tasks of the 3D animator are to:
* Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction;
* Imagine animation systems that meet game needs in collaboration with team members from other trades and be able to document and explain the systems to new and/or less experienced team members;
* Work in close collaboration with the art director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations;
* In collaboration with the immediate supervisor, help estimate the time required to carry out own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines;
* Report any potential animation-related issues to the immediate supervisor;
* Be able to quickly prototype animation systems that will serve as a basis for animation- and gameplay-related discussions;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Technical college diploma in 3D for video games or equivalent.
5 years’ experience minimum in video game animation or any other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge
* Attention to detail;
* Ability to adapt to change, flexibility, open-mindedness;
* Ability to receive, seek and provide constructive criticism;
* Ability to work effectively with members of the animation team and other teams on the project;
* Aesthetic sense;
* In-depth understanding of movement in space;
* Extensive knowledge of graphic design tools.