Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Supervise/establish technical direction for the different graphics mandate decided by LABS, with the different team member. The hope is to ensure that all potential solution were thought of and that the team firmly believe that we are working on the best one.
- Organize brainstorming sessions with the different engineers or tech artist, to exchange knowledge and solution that we could have been ignored.
- Develop new techniques and processes to resolve the challenges tackled by yourself, and assist others with your idea, experience and knowledge the other.
- Develop and maintain high end rendering system, create software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Ability to technically design, implement and review 3D systems for use in the development of the game in a specific timeframe;
- Ability to collaborate with the different Technical Art, Art director and Art teams in order to achieve the proper visual quality level using efficient solutions;
- Master debugging and profiling tools and techniques;
- Ensure the supervision of some members, if necessary. (Intern, junior)
- Ability to work in a multi-platforms development environment;
- Help gather and document solutions along the way and at the end, to better transfer knowledge with sisters’ studios or production teams.
- Document, transfer knowledge and support efficiently the different team members in the adoption of new techniques.
Experience and qualifications:
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- Good mathematics skills;
- 6+ years of experience in programming or the equivalent;
Technical skills :
- Excellent C++ skills experience;
- Strong OOD skills experience;
- Excellent knowledge of DirectX or OpenGL;
- Excellent knowledge of rendering programming techniques;
- At ease with taking the lead on profiling of performance and optimization of complex rendering systems;
- Ability to organize and manage other programmers;
- Team Player;
- Capacity to lead some topics;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- Vision on systems of tomorrow and evolution of existing techniques;
- Good Communicator;
- Capacity to work on many different topics at once, under different codebases with teams at different geographic locations (Canada, Europe and USA).
Motivation and interest :
Ambition and passion for videogames are essential!