Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Lead prototyping efforts which would include technical risk assessment of features and work closely with gameplay programmers;
- Integrate animations and support animators with integration of their animations into the game;
- Compile and submit reports for suggested technical solutions or new pipelines;
- Provide workflow-enhancing toolsets and aids as necessary such as script functionality (Python, MEL, etc.) process documentation and ‘How-To’ Wikis;
- Maintain the day-to-day technical efficiency of the work pipeline, trouble-shooting the processes involved and being the technical ‘go-to’ guy for animators;
- Occasional the character setup, skinning and rigging;
- Investigate ‘specialized’ problem areas for animation such as partial rag-doll blending improvements, real-time cloth simulation, etc ;
- Support due-diligence procedures production processes (e.g. motion capture);
- Provide support on compiling performance/motion-capture shot list and preparation, attending and overseeing mo-cap shoots and the delivery and implementation of the resulting data into the game systems;
- Teaching animators any necessary use of DCC and editor-related technical functionality and new functionality in updated software used in production;
- Mentor and support less-experienced or less-technical animators as necessary;
- Non-critical hands-on animation when needed during production.
Experience and qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience in 3D animation ideally in video games with AAA published titles to your credit
- Must have participated in at least one full videogame production, preferably next-gen;
- Formal education in 3D animation, 2D education also an asset;
- Comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects and caveats of game animation;
- Ability to interface and communicate with coders.
- Character setup, skinning and rigging experience;
- Animation-related system design and prototyping;
- Understanding of animation in game-development production;
- Acceptable hand-key ability;
- Productive scripting experience an Asset
- Knowledge of facial animation systems in game development an asset
- Extensive experience of Motionbuilder or equivalent an asset
- A strong work ethic, initiative and above all else humility is required;
- Must thrive in a team environment with a drive for self-improvement - to learn and also to share knowledge;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- A mandate to push the boundaries of videogame animation standards is a must.
Motivation and Interests:
Passion and ambition for video games is essential!