Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Create state of the art levels focusing on innovative gameplay, accessibility, pacing and strong atmosphere;
- Work closely with the Level Design team and Level Artists in creating top quality levels with the tools available;
- Design levels (layout, situations, design document) in close collaboration with Level Artists while following design and technical guidelines;
- Develop 3D playgrounds and levels, integrate actors and scripted events, and balance the gameplay in-game;
- Help with the development of the various features and mechanics during the project;
- Work in collaboration with the Game Design team, Game Director and Lead Level; Designer to achieve the emotions and player experience desired in each level;
- Write general level design documents for the use of other Level Designers;
- Provide support to less experienced level designers.
Experience and Technical skills required:
- University or college diploma in game design, or equivalent training;
- + 3 years of experience in the video game industry as a Level Designer;
- Minimum of 1 published title as Senior Level Designer, preferably next generation;
- Good knowledge in systemic design;
- Good knowledge in scripting and AI (asset);
- Good knowledge in game level architecture and 3D environments;
- Experience using industry standard level editing tools, editors and pipelines;
- Knowledge of Sketchup and Unreal 3.0;
- Bilingual (French and English).
Personal and interpersonal skills:
INNOVATION / CREATIVITY: Work demonstrating initiative and creative spirit while using efficient work methods.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Demonstrate sense of responsibility and autonomy in achieving project results and individual objectives.
HONESTY / RESPECT: Act in honest and respectful manner while respecting commitments.
COLLABORATION / TEAMWORK: Collaborate with other team, share expertise and be good team player.