The Coalition are looking for a Game Designer to work on progression, player retention and competitive gaming features for our PvP and PvE experiences set in the Gears of War universe. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the theory and craft game design. This individual is responsible for finely tuning the in-game economy, progression and online systems. This individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to drive features effectively within a large cross-disciplinary team. You are driven to create meaningful and rewarding experiences for players in an industry-leading multiplayer experience.
- Drive the design of multiplayer progression systems, including competitive gaming.
- Partner with the User Experience (UX) team to create delightful, engaging online features.
- Champion multiplayer principles through the user experience.
- Work with the Multiplayer Design Director to shape the future of our online feature set.
- Maintain the consistency and quality of the multiplayer experience throughout development.
- Communicate and coordinate across multiple disciplines to constantly refine the experience.
- Work with the live team and key stakeholders to constantly refine the experience.
- Understand the motivations and needs of our multiplayer users in collaboration the user research and data science teams.
- Maintain a positive work environment that is motivating and fosters a strong sense of creativity and passion for excellence.
- Must have 4+ years of experience in video games and have shipped an online game.
- Extensive experience hands-on developing progression and retention systems for a variety of experiences.
- Experience with shooter games is ideal.
- Strong math foundation ideal.
- Familiarity with (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, Hammer, or similar 3D editor) is an asset.
- Good organization and communication skills are required.
- Attention to quality and detail, both creatively and technically, is required.
- Familiarity with Gears of War gameplay and past Gears of War multiplayer designs is required.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.