The Gameplay/AI Generalist will be part of a team developing AI/Gameplay systems for the Gears of War Franchise. You should be an avid gamer and keep up to date with the latest AAA games. We also expect you to work well with the Design team in order to deliver the best game play experience possible.
• Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes AI systems and tools.
• Responsible for implementing AI systems, AI supported designer tools and gameplay features required for the game in consultation with Design and Gameplay Engineers.
• Works closely with the design and gameplay team to ensure AI features deliver on their creative vision and translate into the amazing gameplay our customers expect.
• Help analyze and mitigate risks in the AI/gameplay development schedule.
• 5-7+ years of experience building AI and gameplay systems across multiple shipped titles for FPS or TPS shooter games.
• University level degree in computer science or a related field.
• Advanced level C++ skills.
• Knowledge and experience in various AI systems such as path finding, decision making, steering, collision avoidance, etc.
• Strong knowledge of the math, data structures and algorithms commonly used in gameplay and AI code.
• Xbox One/360 or PS3/PS4 development experience.
• Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
• Flexibility and willingness to jump across multiple systems as required.
• Experience with multiplayer and/or co-op gameplay development is a plus.
• Unreal engine experience is a plus.
• Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
• An awareness of software development best practices, particularly for design, coding, and testing.
• Ability to work on a team and communicate well.
• Passion for creating an amazing AAA game experience.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.