Location: Dundee, United Kingdom
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
With an obsessive focus on quality, our 150-strong team has developed several critically acclaimed original games which include, Alien Creeps TD, Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Bubble Genius as well as Angry Birds POP! in partnership with Rovio.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 55 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. The studio won the 2016 TIGA Outstanding Growth Award.
What we’re looking for!
We are currently hiring for a Senior/Lead Artist to join our outstanding Art Team. We’re looking for a talented creative Art Lead with exceptional character/concept, illustrative and animation skills. Ideally you will also have strong 3D Modelling skills.
Leading within an ambitious game team, you will apply your creative, technical art skills and flair to create fun, addictive games with visually compelling and distinctive designs.
Our Senior Artists are great team builders, able to communicate their ideas and give/receive feedback constructively as well as provide direction and guidance to others.
We need candidates who can hit the ground running with this role, in a team that is highly creative, innovative and fast paced.
Outplay remains on an exciting trajectory as we continue to grow our team and game portfolio in 2017. If you are looking for a fresh senior level challenge working on world class games within a passionate and quality led studio, then we would love to hear from you!
- Extensive character/concept, illustrative and animation skills
- Strong working knowledge of game development processes. However, the role would also suit creative artists and technical character modellers from the TV/movie animation industry.
- Additional 3D Modelling skills are a big plus.
- Strong referable art skills and the ability to learn new skills as required. Along with the ability to impart skills and knowledge to both art and non-art team members.
- A natural Art cheerleader for the product that drives the visuals forward through positive re-enforcement of aesthetic and technical standards.
- Can adopt or develop a referable, appropriate art pipeline designed to be as modular as possible.
- Strong understanding of the needs of a project from a company perspective and can readily communicate and work with key departments (design, marketing, finance…) to produce well rounded, competitive products.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of competing products to use throughout development of our games and stays up to date with approaches to art creation within popular titles both aesthetically and technically.