Senior Software Engineer – 6 month contract
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Battlefield 1, Mass Affect Andromeda, Star Wars Battlefront, Madden, FIFA, Sims 3, Need for Speed, Dead Space and Battlefield 4, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Senior Software Engineer position plays an important role in development of key security tools used to defend EA and its players from cyber-attacks. The objectives of this role includes, but is not limited to:
Developing a strategic custom SIEM (Security Information and Event Management system) for custom security analytics and correlation system) using ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
Development & customizing Kibana and ELK plugins.
Developing for a Node.js runtime environment.
This role reports into the Corporate Security Team under the Global Head of Security & Risk Management (SRM) and maintains strong relations with all Line of Business technology groups. The successful applicant will work closely with a number of key individuals and teams including the Intrusions Team, Security Operations Centre, Information Security Team, EA Digital Platform TechOps team and Corporate IT teams to perform day-to-day development duties.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate their knowledge and experience with working with software engineering.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Industry experience in a large, mission-critical environment.
• Strong understanding of database administration.
• Practical experience of working with the ElK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
• Practical experience of developing for the Node.js runtime environment.
• Experience of developing Kibana plugins highly desirable.
• Solid understanding and practical experience of either the C or C++ programming language specifically on a Linux platform.
• Understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals, network protocols, system administration and network architectures.
• Problem solving to learn new technical and non-technical analysis techniques to overcome problems.
• Good grasp of network and OS technical aspects.
• Ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions.
• Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team.
• Ability to work flexible hours, when necessary, to align more with United States West Coast hours.
• Perform multiple critical assignments under deadline pressure in a fast-paced, high volume, office work environment