At Massive, UI programmers are involved in all aspects of developing the game; and can work on the area that most interests them, Gameplay, Engine code, Rendering, Tools, UX, Performance, Building UI or any combination of these. Your primary focus will be on supporting Technical Artists make the best UI possible for Tom Clancy's The Division.
The UI team at Massive participates and helps shape the entire pipeline of game features, from concept to design, to implementation. We work with some of the industry's best tools with our in-house engine Snowdrop™ which allows instant feedback in game, allowing constant iteration and easy prototyping with our Node Graph system.
You will be part of a friendly team including Artists (both technical and traditional), Designers and Programmers, working closely together to create world leading UI.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You are friendly and approachable and like to take the initiative; you enjoy programming and are always looking to improve. You enjoy solving problems and are able to think about how things work technically while ensuring the best experience and tools for the users. You work well in a team and can communicate proficiently in English (both written and oral) and can give and recieve feedback well.
Responsibilities can range from
- Support UI Artists by adding or extending Engine functionality
- Help design and implement Gameplay Systems
- Create prototypes of new features
- Help UI Artists improve the performance of their work
- Collaborate with other teams to craft the best player experience possible
- Look at and improve tools used by other team members
As an Intern:
- Be currently studying (preferably a programming or games related course)
As a Junior/Intern:
- Comfortable writing in C (classes, pointers, memory management etc.)
As an Intermediate:
- Confident writing C (understand and use algorithms)
- Feels comfortable predicting task duration and understanding task dependencies
- Developed one Game/App/Site/Product, preferably from start to finish
As a Senior:
- Experience with Multi-threaded code
- Comfortable working and helping out less senior programmers in your area of expertise
- Understand performance and limitations of the platform
Bonus skills (nice to have, but not required)
- Interest or experience in Games development
- Interest or experience of UI/Gameplay, Tools/UX or Graphics/Rendering Programming
- Worked with scripting languages or other Node Based Visual Scripting Languages
- Interested in providing a good user experience
- An interest in accessibility
- Experience of developing a AAA title
- Experience working with PS4 or XBOX One
- Experience or interest in leadership
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.