We're looking for a lead analyst to join our analytics team, currently working on Tom Clancy's The Division. As lead analyst you will manage a team of data analysts and data scientists working closely with the live team, providing insights and influencing the choices we make when introducing new content and improvements to the game. You will also work closely with designers and directors, to understand their tracking needs and provide them with insights to help them improve and optimize the game experience. You are the glue between the development teams and the analytics team, knowing where and when what is needed.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You have an excellent analytical and logical mind with previous experience in game analytics, and can easily communicate and visualize your findings in terms anyone can understand and act upon. You have extensive experience on data analytics in games or other domains and you are able to use your experience to guide research on player habits and behaviors. You like games and game culture, and have knowledge of competitive online titles.
You are creative and dedicated, as you ask the right questions in order to develop and analyze the right material for game improvement, and you can communicate the findings in a clear and understandable manner.
We expect that you have a relevant university degree, probably with focus on mathematics, statistics, economics or computer science. As a person you are service minded, thorough, team-spirited, result oriented and have the ability to conclude your data in actionable and understandable points.
- Guide and mentor your team of analysts, providing them with clear planning, processes and goals, as well as seeing to their wellbeing and personal evolution.
- Work with live producers and directors to understand their business questions, and utilizing data science, business performance analysis and proactive analysis, provide them with the answers they need to make well-informed, player-focused decisions emphasizing return on investment.
- Ensure live data visualization is up to date and evolving with the game. Guide your team in creating easily readable and understandable live data visualizations.
- Provide deep data analysis reports on demand, presenting your findings, conclusions and suggestions in a visually and communicatively understandable manner.
- Ensure your team provides consultation for feature tracking design, in order for you to be able to provide the right data once the feature goes live.
- Have an overview of the tracking infrastructure and keep in contact with key technical stakeholders, to ensure the data pipeline is running smoothly at all times.
- Extensive experience with live game analytics.
- Top notch communication and presentation skills.
- Good data visualization skills, to deliver visualizations and reports that are clear, unambiguous and impactful.
- Previous experience from leading an analytics team.
- SQL skills, to be able to go hands on with data analysis when needed.
- Familiarity with visualization tools, such as Tableau.
- Understanding of data storage, data pipelines and big data systems such as Hadoop.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities.
- Real passion for games.
- Experience with player segmentations or predictive modeling.
- Coding and scripting knowledge
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.