At Massive, we are currently looking for the new passionate Lead Concept Artist to contribute to the development in the ambitious art team. You will contribute to enhancing, designing and creating the immersive worlds Massive is known for, by bringing your own thoughts to the table.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a candidate
You have a few years of experience, three or more published titles behind you and now you are looking for a new opportunity! The title will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. As a lead you are well organized, like being on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, a task that you find inspiring. By interest in the process you strive to have an effective concept art workflow for production. As an artist, you have a passion for concept art for the films and games industry. Preferably you have a combination of classical art training and concept art training with a focus on games. You have very high standards and feel ready to take concept art to the next level and we can see that by looking at your portfolio.
- Leading the development of high quality Concept Art for AAA games.
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture within the Concept Art Team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the team's day-to-day tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronisation meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management / planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- 3 years of working with environment and character concept art
- At least 1 years' experience of leading a team, preferably in agile project management
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and familiarity with game engines
- Ability to create concepts of environments, characters and props to AAA standard
- At least 1 AAA shipped as a Lead Concept Artist
- Advanced understanding of composition and lighting
- Experience with next gen game development
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.