As a Technical Animator at Massive you will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes. You will work directly with programmers, animators, artists and designers to find intuitive and smart ways to create content.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
To suit this position you have a passion for games and a solid understanding of game asset creation and animation systems fundamentals, with prior experience in rigging, skinning and related character technologies. It's important that you can work independently within your area of competence and at the same time you are able to work well within a team. As a person you are creative, team-spirited and result oriented. You should have very high standards and a mind-set to create the best game experience ever.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure compliance of animation features with technical, aesthetic and gameplay constraints.
- Participate in and supervise integration of animation assets into the game engine
- Create tools/scripts and animation guidelines and help implement them
- Research and develop new techniques and innovate technologies that improve animation efficiency
- Develop animation/character tools with an eye towards usability and scalability
- Develop, build, and maintain high-quality character rigging solutions
- Solve challenging technical issues on the tool side as well as in-game
- Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Experience working with physics-driven animation (Havok)
- Passion for building/exploring cutting-edge rigging/animation solutions
- Solid scripting experience(melscript, python or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder preferred, knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya and similar packages useful
- Comfortable working with node-graph-based tools/workflow
- Communicate complex ideas across disciplines effectively
- Excited by the ongoing challenge of creating beautiful visuals via technical solutions
- 3 Years of experience in the video game industry, one AAA title shipped is a big bonus
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Please note that only applications with portfolio will be considered.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.