At Massive, we're looking for a Senior Narrative Designer to help the narrative team define and shape our narrative systems, story delivery, content workflow, and key mission content. As a Senior Narrative Designer, you will work closely with the Narrative Director, system designers, and other disciplines to concept, drive, and follow your features and content from concept to ship. As a senior contributor, you will be in a position to have a major impact on the core quality, design, and experience of the game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Use and shape our tools to design, write and implement narrative mission content,
- Hold responsibility for large portions of the narrative systems, story, or tools development.
- Be a senior contributor for story and narrative.
- Lead the development of tools and technology to improve our narrative workflow.
- Build key content and push the limitations of our methods and tools.
- Assist and mentor other team members in the development of their narrative and design skills.
- Take charge of other writing, design, and narrative needs of the game, as needed or directed.
- Support the narrative and design needs of other departments, as required or directed.
You as a person
You are a designer with a deep background in open world narrative and mission design - someone who combines an understanding of drama and story with the experience and design implementation skills to carry large stories and systems from start to finish. You are multidisciplinary, agile, and excited by a role that will evolve and change in reaction to your skills and the needs of the project and team.
You love learning and taking on challenges outside of your comfort zone. You view your creative work through the lens of the team, fostering and growing the abilities of the people around you while working to improve you work and the environment around you.
Required skills and experience
- Multiple years and multiple shipped projects in a mission design or narrative design role
- A passion for innovation and growth in open world gameplay and storytelling
- Mastery of the rules of drama and the craft of design
- Deep experience creating content with script or node-based tools
- Creative solutions for overcoming limitations and roadblocks
- An extreme concern for the quality of your work.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Impeccable English, both written and oral
- Experience owning whole systems, subsystems, or storylines on shipped games
- Experience working with outsourcing and co-development
- Professional experience with RPG content
- Experience working with an established intellectual property
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. We have great support from Ubisoft and an uncompromising dedication to remain a top quality AAA development studio. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 32 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our new release Tom Clancy's The Division.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.