At Massive, we're looking for a solutions architect to join our Live team. He/she is responsible for evaluating distributed architectures identifying physical and virtual hardware needs, designing systems based on internal or 3rd party technologies, while maximizing maintainability and cost-effectiveness. He/she is also involved in the research and development of new technologies to further the company objectives.
You as a person:
You have strong technology capabilities combined with passion, creativity and resourcefulness. You are flexible and adapt easily to change, as well as a good communicator that works well in a team.
Reporting into Ubisoft's Global IT group, the solutions architect partners with stakeholders both inside and outside the group (either game development teams or middleware developers). The main tasks include:
- Review and validate solutions based on several SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
- Validate proposed architectures to maximize maintainability and cost-effectiveness. Propose improvements and amendments when appropriate.
- Work together with partners to define purchase plans for both physical and virtual resources.
- Participate in peer reviews and other knowledge exchange initiatives.
- Participate in the creation, evolution and enforcement of internal standards.
- Follow internal processes on change management and incident resolution.
- Prepare and present communication material mainly for technical audiences.
- Evaluate technologies for company-wide adoption.
- Act as a senior technology advisor for other teams.
- 5 years of experience in solution design
- Provable experience in a variety of technologies and providers among the following sets:
- Chef, SaltStack, Ansible / AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure / MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop / Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ
- NoSQL database experience is a preferential skill.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of databases, automation and configuration management.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.