At Massive, we're exploring the outer edge of what a game world can do, and we're building a team of Narrative Designers of all experience levels to help bring our worlds to life. We're looking for people who bring a broad set of skills, experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, and talents to craft our worlds and connect the player to the stories and characters within them. We work best with storytellers who can be comfortable in a hybrid role as both designer and writer, working hands-on with the team to shepherd their own stories from inception to gameplay.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Use our internal tools to design, write and implement narrative gameplay content;
- Craft narrative structure, script gameplay and write dialogue to support your intentions.
- Collaborate with system design, art, and tech to bring our worlds and your stories to life.
- Participate in the development of tools and technology to improve our narrative workflow.
- Support other writing, design, narrative, and lore needs of the game, as needed or directed.
- Support narrative and design needs of other departments, as required or directed.
You as a person
A combination of storyteller and designer, perhaps stronger in one or the other, but comfortable with both. You have an interest and passion for interactive storytelling, and have (or want to gain) the practical skills to bring interactive stories to life. You are multidisciplinary, agile, and excited by a role that will evolve and change in reaction to your skills and the needs of the project and team.
You love learning and taking on challenges outside of your comfort zone. You approach creative work with collaboration in mind, embracing the talents of the team around you and providing them with your best work towards our shared goals.
Required skills and experience
- An understanding of storytelling, game design, and the games industry
- Experience creating, designing, or directing game stories or other storytelling experiences.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable English, both written and oral
- Mission, game, or narrative design experience on shipped titles
- Experience with open world games or games with non-linear narrative structures
- Experience with professional game design tools (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Constriction Kit)
- Professional writing experience
- Professional experience with game development
- A university degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience working with an established intellectual property or setting
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. We have great support from Ubisoft and an uncompromising dedication to remain a top quality AAA development studio. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 32 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our new release Tom Clancy's The Division.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.