Massive is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to push the visual quality and the tech behind it, while supporting the art team and its workflow and pipeline. We will frequently interact across teams consisting of artists, level designers and programmers.
This is a full time position and will require relocation to Malmö, Sweden.
- Day-to-day Art and Tech team support
- Help solve specific issues blocking production
- Assist other team members in achieving their tasks more efficiently
- Training of colleagues
- Documentation of systems and art pipeline
- Safeguard memory budgets for art assets
- Performance optimization of art assets
- Streaming set up and techniques for in engine assets
You are a passionate gamer and an even more passionate Technical Artist or passionate artist who wants to transition into Technical Artist. You have spent a lot of time playing benchmark titles on both PC and Consoles. You are open to developing your own and crowsourcing on our new ideas and you constantly aspire to push your work to the highest possible level, you are approachable, flexible, structured and responsible.You are inspired by new technology and cleaver solutions. You are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve visual quality, and what's behind it or the workflow to achieve it. It's also important that you have strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to share your knowledge to the rest of the team. Preferably you have a combination of classical or 3D art training with a good technical knowledge and a focus on games. Experience of multi-platform development is meriting.
Required skills and experience
- Working knowledge at least one of the following; 3DSMAX, Maya, Modo, Zbrush and Photoshop (preferable Modo or Maya)
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles as Technical Artist
- Experience with art asset optimization techniques
- Experience with memory budgets and optimization
- Used to working independently within a group environment
- Ability to quickly learn new tools
- Good understanding of the artist pipeline and workflow
- Problem solving
- Solid game engine knowledge
- Experience Third Person open world game development
- Artist background
- Console experience (PS4/Xbox One)
- Experience from in engine streaming techniques
- Previous exposure to different areas of game content development - Environment Modeling, Animation, Visual Effects, Lighting, Cinematic, Characters, Scripting (Mel, python, max script), etc.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. We have great support from Ubisoft and an uncompromising commitment to remain a top quality AAA development studio. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
We promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play an important role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 32 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our new release Tom Clancy's The Division.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.