As an Animator at Massive, you will work with a great team to craft stunning and life like animations. The animation team has the support from both technical animators and tech/tools programmers. You will be working mostly in motion builder and Snowdrop, our in house engine.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You are creative, team-spirited and result oriented. You are open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You have high standards, and feel ready to take animation to the next level and we can see that by looking at your portfolio. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a part of a team.
- Work with both key frame and motion capture animation
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to craft expressive movement
- Take part in motion capture shoots, when needed
- Continuously push the quality of the games animations to the highest level
- Interact with artists and leads to communicate any risks relating to animation
- 4 years of professional Animation experience in the video game industry, with 1 AAA title shipped
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanic forms
- Experienced in MotionBuilder, Maya or other equivalent 3D program
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent
- Knowledge of the wider game development process
- Experience with motion capture
- Knowledge in rigging
- 2D Animation and/or stop motion experience
Please note that only applications with a portfolio/demoreel will be considered.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.