Do you want to make the best UI in the world ? Can you actually do it? Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio is looking for a UI Designer to join an international team, working on Tom Clancy's The Division™. In this position you are going to work closely with many different disciplines and will be tasked with designing complex user interface solutions.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You should be passionate about games and the craft of UI design, and be active with taking initiative and independently find creative solutions to complex problems.
You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you will be expected to be a driving force and - through collaboration - achieve the highest quality possible.
You should have very high standards in everything you do and a devotion to creating the best game experience ever. You fully grasp how and why bad UI can completely break a game feature.
- Maintenance of the overall UI vision together with the lead UI designer and the rest of the design and UI team.
- Design of UI solutions in order to provide players with the best experience possible, with a focus on usability while also adhering to a coherent style.
- You will communicate the intended purpose of a system, identify the needs to realize it and be responsible for implementing the system from conception all the way to tweaking it in-game
- Minimum 1 year of relevant industry experience
- Comfortable working with a multidisciplinary design process
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of 3D UI solutions
- Basic programming skills and/or experience working with node based tools and/or some scripting knowledge/experience
- Experience developing third-person action games and/or RPG's
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world's third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy's The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.