- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
A Global Network of Talented People Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world. The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create various gaming components for mobile games that can support multi-million user base.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts.
- Lead the team and Mentor and develop team members.
Key Requirements :
- Previous leadership experience over managing team of 8-10 programmers.
- Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one mobile game.
- Proven experience in working on an online game that has more than 1 million user base.
- Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
- Should be very keen to keep the game under the memory requirement and to maintain 60fps.
- Should have very thorough understanding of design patterns like Entity - Component model / MVC pattern.
- Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
- Should possess understanding of backend systems, bottlenecks, performance, scaling and optimization.
- Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP and knowledge in various backend technologies like PHP, Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Objective-C) would be preferred.
- Have basic understanding of large scale databases, NoSQL solutions and knowledge on caching solutions like Memcache, Redis, etc. and various caching techniques.
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements.
- Ensuring task management for the team and meeting deadlines.
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
- A passion for creating or playing games and team player.
- Minimum 7 years of programming experience in games.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in technology would be preferred or any other training or equivalent.