Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 nations work together to develop top titles for a global audience. Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great games for mobile has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
About the job
Our Backend Services team is responsible for providing tools and services to support our game teams. We strive to improve the game development speed and remove the need for a dedicated backend engineering team. You can think of it as our own version of Google Firebase.
As a senior team member you will:
- Work in a team of 4, alongside 3 backend engineers
- Write, maintain, run and operate HTTP APIs
- Manage, extend and improve our infrastructure
- Support our game teams with using our services
- Make sure that our services stay up. That means being prepared for occasional on call
- Play the occasional round of Team Fortress 2
A senior backend engineer at Wooga enjoys a lot of freedom in decision making and is entrusted with the responsibility that the systems run smoothly and reliably. We strive to be fast and independent learners who adapt quickly to changes in requirements. With broad technical knowledge from HTTP, to distributed and scalable systems, to server administration: we make sure our game teams can count on us to build and run the services they need.
You are good at:
- Getting things done
- Multiple programming languages such as Scala, Ruby, Erlang etc
- Learning new things quickly and independently
- Operating systems
- Distributed systems
- Communicating with technical and non-technical team members
- English (both written and spoken)
Bonus points for having experience with the following technologies:
- AWS Services
- Amazon EC2 Container Service
- Scala, Ruby, Elixir and Erlang
Why join us
- Work in a small, autonomous team with high degree of creative freedom.
- Collaborative and open company culture dedicated to making world-class games.
- Talented, inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Located in Europe's most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life.
Wooga is an equal opportunity employer. We invite international candidates to apply, as well as monsters and unicorns.