Position at GREE Tech Ops Engineer (Melbourne)
Want to work with the industry's best and brightest people? Be part of a talented and energetic team that is passionately creating a cutting-edge new mobile game right here in Melbourne. This role will be responsible for quashing operational inefficiencies in web infrastructure and automating routine tasks with just a few lines of code. No two days will be the same; the role will constantly be changing, solving new challenges and programming tasks through production, testing and live operations.
Just like GREE, you'll elevate the game by making sure our game runs smoothly and efficiently for a captivating game experience enjoyed by millions of players around the world.
About the role
- Manage and support web-based infrastructure that supports the production of an epic new mobile game, built right here in Melbourne and due for launch in 2017.
- Develop tools and scripts to scale systems up or down according to planned game events, marketing campaigns, new features and gameplay modes.
- Manage monitoring tools providing teams with insights into the health and performance of our servers hosted in the cloud.
- Work with game and data engineering teams to ensure a successful release of all components from QA to Production.
- 3 years SaaS/PaaS systems administration experience in a 24/7 production environment (games experience a huge bonus)
- Deep experience with the Linux command line, shell scripting, automation of common tasks, and configuration of systems monitoring tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Graphite and related tools for large-scale systems management
Technical skills aside, our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work efficiently and stay cool in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- A passion for games and a willingness to learn and pick up new tricks of the trade
- Motivation to be a self-starter, identifying issues and taking them on to be resolved
With headquarters in San Francisco, GREE International Entertainment was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved global success, with a portfolio of popular titles such as DragonSoul, League of War: Mercenaries, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City. Our Melbourne studio is a talented community of artists, engineers and designers that are passionately creating an innovative new mobile title, together. Check out www.greemelbourne.com.au
for more info about our company, games and culture - we appreciate your interest!
We're in the business of fun. Come have some.