As a Senior Scala Developer Backend you will be part of our agile, cross-functional and international development team. You will drive the development of new features on backend side as well as maintain and improve the current code of our new mobile games. You will be responsible for creating a game that will be played by millions of players. Your technical and architectural expertise will be crucial to our game’s success.
- Responsibility for the realization of the backend architecture for one of our new games in Scala and Akka
- Designing and implementing high availability systems and service-oriented architectures and game features
- Drive the functional mindset within the company
- Education and technical guidance for other developers on Scala specific topics
- Working in close collaboration with Client Developers, Game Design, QA and System Administration
- Maintaining and extending our development tools and environment
- A university degree in computer science or an equivalent training in combination with relevant professional experience
- Several years of experience in functional programming (e.g. Scala or Clojure) as well as in building services for mobile (e.g. REST)
- Additional experience in C# is a plus
- Solid experience in Unit Testing, Design Patterns, Domain-driven Design, Code Reviews
- Successful realization of development projects, ideally in an agile environment
- Act as proactive team player, being motivated to learn and continuously improve
- Fluent English language and overall communication skills
Why join us?
- Shape the success story of InnoGames with a great team of driven experts in an international culture
- Competitive compensation and an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results
- Exceptional benefits ranging from flawless relocation support to company gym, smartphone or tablet of your own choice for personal use, roof terrace with BBQ and much more
Would you like to become part of a dynamic team and work as a Senior Scala Developer Backend with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV and references) as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date through our online application form. Your contact person for this job offer is Silja Bernecker.
InnoGames, based in Hamburg, is one of the leading developers and publishers of online games with more than 150 million registered players around the world. Currently, more than 400 people from 30 nations are working in the Hamburg-based headquarters. We have been characterized by dynamic growth ever since the company was founded in 2007. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.